$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 3,4-Dihydroxybenzeneacrylic acid; 3,4-Carboxyethenyl)-1,2-dihydroxybenzene; 4-(2'-Carboxyvinyl)-1,2-dihydroxybenzene; DHCA; NSC 57197; NSC 623438
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Caffeic acid is a common plant metabolite, found in barley and rye, biosynthetically formed by hydrolysis of chlorogenic acid. Caffeic acid is a member of the phenylpropanoid class of lignin biosynthetic precursors. The biochemical and pharmacological activity of caffeic acid has > 20,000 SciFinder entries and the area is well reviewed by Guzman (2014) and Sharma (2011). Caffeic acid a useful standard for analytical and bioassay dereplication as a metabolite commonly encountered in microbial fermentations.
- Isolation and characterization of Streptomyces sp. NL15-2K capable of degrading lignin-related aromatic compounds. Nishimura M. et al., J. Biosci. Bioeng. 2006, 102, 124.
- Genes and enzymes involved in caffeic acid biosynthesis in the actinomycete Saccharothrix espanaensis. Berner M. et al., J. Bact. 2006, 188, 2666.
- Co-production of caffeic acid and p-hydroxybenzoic acid from p-coumaric acid by Streptomyces caeruleus MTCC 6638. Sachan A. et al., Appl. Microbiol. Biotech. 2006, 71, 720.
- Cinnamic acid derivatives: A new chapter of various pharmacological activities. Sharma P., J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2011, 3, 403.