$51.00 - 25 mg
$179.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 2,2'-Bisphenol, 2,2'-Dihydroxy-1,1'-biphenyl, 2,2'-Dihydroxybiphenyl, 2,2'-Dihydroxydiphenyl, 2'-Hydroxy-1,1'-biphenyl-2-ol, NSC 37068
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
2,2’-Biphenol, a metabolic product of benzene, is cytotoxic and has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. 2,2'-Biphenol inhibits LPS-stimulated COX-2 expression and AP-1 and NF-kappaB binding to their consensus sequences at 1-10 muM. 2,2’-Biphenol inhibits topoisomerase II following bioactivation with peroxidase and inhibits growth and AKT/mTOR and Notch signaling in B16-F10 melanoma cells.
- Antioxidant and cyclooxygenase-2-inhibiting activity of 4,4'-biphenol, 2,2'-biphenol and phenol. Murakami Y. et al. Anticancer Res 2009, 29, 2403.
- Targeting drivers of melanoma with synthetic small molecules and phytochemicals. Strickland L.R. et al. Cancer Lett. 2015, 359, 20.
- Inhibition of human topoisomerase II in vitro by bioactive benzene metabolites. Frantz C.E. et al. Environ Health Perspect. 1996, 104(Suppl 6), 1319.