$177.00 - 5 mg
$620.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 5-O-Demethylavermectin A1a, C 076B1a
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >99% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Avermectin B1a is the major component (>80%) of a commercially available anthelmintic used to control parasitic nematodes in livestock. Avermectin B1a contains a sec-butyl residue in the 25-position. In vitro and in vivo studies have shown that this analogue is the more potent analogue in the commercial product.
- Avermectin B1a irreversibly blocks postsynaptic potentials at the lobster neuromuscular junction by reducing muscle membrane resistance. Fritz L.C. et al., Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1979, 76, 2062.
- Solubilization and characterization of a high affinity ivermectin binding site from Caenorhabditis elegans. Cully D.F. et al., Mol Pharmacol. 1991, 40, 326.
- Glutamate-gated chloride channels and the mode of action of the avermectin/milbemycin anthelmintics. Wolstenholme A.J. and Rogers A.T. Parasitology 2005, 131, S85-95.