$301.00 - 0.50 mg
$1,055.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- LL-Z 1272 gamma, Ilicicolin D
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Ascochlorin is an antitumor fungal metabolite which specifically inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) activity through suppression of activator protein-1 (AP-1)-dependent induction of MMP-9 gene expression. Via AP-1 suppression, ascochlorin selectively kills MX-1 cells, a human breast cancer cell line lacking estrogen receptors. Ascochlorin also shows activity against Newcastle disease and herpes simplex viruses.
- Ascochlorin inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression by suppressing activator protein-1-mediated gene expression through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway: inhibitory effects of ascochlorin on the invasion of renal carcinoma cells. Hong S. et al., J. Biol. Chem. 2005, 280, 25202.
- Selective cytotoxicity of ascochlorin in ER-negative human breast cancer cell lines. Sakaguchi K. et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2005, 329, 46.
- Ascochlorin derivatives as ligands for nuclear hormone receptors. Togashi M. et al., J. Med. Chem. 2003, 46, 4113.