$198.00 - 1 mg
$695.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- BMS 722782, CP 127374, KOS 953, NSC 330507, Tanespimycin, 17-N-Allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin, 17-AAG
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (17-AAG), a semi-synthetic derivative of geldanamycin, is a potent antitumor agent that acts by binding to the 90-kDa heat-shock protein (Hsp90) essential to maintain the conformation, stability, activity and cellular localisation of several key oncogenic proteins such as ERBB2, C-RAF, CDK4, AKT/PKB, steroid hormone receptors, mutant p53, HIF-1α, survivin and telomerase hTERT. 17-AAG increases the sensitivity of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell lines with varying Bcr-Abl status to imatinib in vitro.
- Pharmacologic shifting of a balance between protein refolding and degradation mediated by Hsp90. Schneider C. et al., Proc Natl Acad Sci. USA 1996, 93, 14536.
- Inhibition of telomerase activity by geldanamycin and 17-allylamino, 17-demethoxygeldanamycin in human melanoma cells. Villa R. et al. Carcinogenesis 2003, 24, 851.
- Effects of 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (17-AAG) on pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) with respect to Bcr-Abl status and imatinib mesylate sensitivity. Hawkins L.M. et al. Pediatr Res 2005, 57, 43.