$209.00 - 1 mg
$732.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Yasimin; tris-dechloronidulin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Unguinol is a depsidone isolated from Aspergillus unguis by researchers at the USDA in 1972. In the same year, Swedish researchers produced unguinol by fermentation of a strain of A. nidulins in chloride-depleted media. Unguinol exhibits weak antibacterial activity but its pharmacology has not been extensively investigated. A discovery screen of fungal extracts identified unguinol as an inhibitor of C4 plant enzyme pyruvate phosphate dikinase (PPDK), a potent herbicide target.
- The chemistry of fungi. Part XXII. Nidulin and nornidulin ("ustin "): chlorine-containing metabolic products of Aspergillus nidulans. Dean F.M. et al., J. Chem. Soc. 1954, 1432.
- A new depsidone from Aspergillus unguis. Stodola F.H. et al., Phytochem. 1972, 11, 2107.
- A new depsidone from Aspergillus nidulins. Sierankiewicz J. and Gatenbeck S., Acta Chem. Scand. 1972, 26, 455.