$66.00 - 5 mg
$232.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Pharmasin, Tylan Injectable, Tylan Soluble
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Tylosin tartrate is the tartrate salt of tylosin, a 16-membered macrocyclic lactone isolated from Streptomyces fradiae in 1961. Tylosin has broad spectrum antibacterial activity and was developed as a veterinary pharmaceutical for treatment of bacterial infections in a range of domestic animals. Tylosin acts by binding to the 50S ribosomal subunit resulting in the inhibition of protein synthesis in bacteria.
- Tylosin, a new antibiotic. I. Microbiological studies McGuire W. S. et al. Antibiot Chemother. 1961, 11, 328.
- Tylosin, a new antibiotic. II. Isolation, properties, and preparation of desmycosin, a microbiologically active degradation product. Hamill R. L.et al. Antibiot Chemother. 1961, 11, 328.
- The structure of tylosin. Morin R. B. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1970, 54, 4737.