$256.00 - 0.50 mg
$896.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 44-O-Demethylthiocillin II
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Thiocillin I is the simplest of the macrocyclic thiazole peptides, first isolated from Bacillus badius. The final structural assignment and total synthesis of thiocillin I was only completed in 2011. Thiocillin I was originally reported as a potent antibacterial but its biological activity has not been extensively investigated.
- Isolation of three new antibiotics, thiocillin I, II and III, related to Micrococcin P. (Studies on antibiotics from the genus Bacillus VIII). Shoji J. et al., J. Antibiot. 1976, 29, 366.
- Structural studies on thiocillins I, II and III (Studies on antibiotics from the genus Bacillus XXIX). Shoji J. et al., J. Antibiot. 1981, 34, 1126.
- Total synthesis and complete structural assignment of Thiocillin I. Aulakh S. & Ciufolini M.A. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 5900.