$96.00 - 25 mg
$336.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Fujimycin, FK506, FR900506, Tskubaenolide
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Tacrolimus (fujimycin) was discovered as a potent inhibitor of IL2 production in a targeted search for novel immunosuppressants. Tacrolimus acts by blocking T cell proliferation in vitro by inhibiting the generation of several lymphokines, notably the original target IL-2. Tacrolimus inhibits the activity of FK-506 binding protein, Ca2+-dependent phosphatase and calcineurin, and activates NF-κB through phosphorylation and degradation of IκBα.
- FK-506, a novel immunosuppressant isolated from a Streptomyces. I. Fermentation, isolation, and physico-chemical and biological characteristics. Kino T. et al., J. Antibiot. 1987, 40, 1249.
- Cyclosporin A and FK506: molecular mechanisms of immunosuppression and probes for transplantation biology. Bierer B.E. et al., Curr. Opin. Immunol. 1993, 5, 763.
- Immunosuppressant FK506 activates NF-kappaB through the proteasome-mediated degradation of IkappaBalpha. Requirement for Ikappabalpha n-terminal phosphorylation but not ubiquitination sites. Zhang Y. et al., J. Biol. Chem. 1999, 274, 34657.