$199.00 - 0.50 mg
$697.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- (2E)-2-Hexylidene-3-methylbutanedioic acid
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Piliformic acid is produced by fungi including Xylaria sp.. Piliformic acid has mild inhibitory activity against Propionobacterium acnes, inhibiting the P. acnes-induced pro-inflammatory cytokines production in THP-1 cells. Piliformic acid is active against the plant fungal pathogen Colletotrichum gloeosporioides with MIC 2.92 μmol/mL and has antileishmanial activity.
- Metabolites of the higher fungi. Part 22. 2-Butyl-3-methylsuccinic acid and 2-hexylidene-3-methylsuccinic acid from xylariaceous fungi. Anderson J.R. et al. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans. 1 1985, 1481.
- Leishmanicidal compounds of Nectria pseudotrichia, an endophytic fungus isolated from the plant Caesalpinia echinata (Brazilwood). Barros Cota B. et al. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2018, 113, 102.
- The potential of compounds isolated from Xylaria spp. as antifungal agents against anthracnose. Elias L.M. et al. Braz J Microbiol. 2018, 49, 840.