$209.00 - 1 mg
$732.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Shaoguanmycin B, MT 1882-I, SN 198E, IT 143D, Piericidin A1
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Piericidin A is the major analogue of a family of pyridyl antibiotics isolated from selected Streptomyces species. It is a specific, potent inhibitor of NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (Complex I) that binds to ubiquinone binding site(s). Piericidin A inhibits both mitochondrial and bacterial NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductases, binding close to NUOD-NUOB interface.
- Evidence for a quinone binding site close to the interface between NUOD and NUOB subunits of Complex I. Prieur I. et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2001, 1504, 173.
- →H+/2e- stoichiometry in NADH-quinone reductase reactions catalyzed by bovine heart submitochondrial particles. Galkin A.S. et al., FEBS Lett. 1999, 451, 157.
- The 49-kDa subunit of NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (Complex I) is involved in the binding of piericidin and rotenone, two quinone-related inhibitors. Darrouzet E. et al., FEBS Lett. 1998, 10, 34.