$205.00 - 1 mg
$718.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- AIDS-089094, 3-Methoxy-4-phenyl-1H-quinolin-2-one
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
3-O-Methylviridicatin is a metabolite produced by several species of Penicillium. Recently, 3-O-methylviridicatin was shown to be a strong inhibitor of TNFα-induced replication of HIV. Lack of availability has hitherto restricted a more intensive investigation of this interesting metabolite.
- Studies in the biochemistry of microorganisms. 93. Cyclopenin, a nitrogen-containing metabolic product of Penicillium cyclopium Westling. Bracken A. et al., Biochem J. 1954, 57, 587.
- Isolation of viridicatin from Penicillium palitans. J. Arch. Microbiol. 1970, 73, 261.
- Isolation and characterization of the fungal metabolite 3-O-methylviridicatin as an inhibitor of tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced human immunodeficiency virus replication. Heguy A. et al., Antivir. Chem. Chemother. 1998, 9, 149.