$101.00 - 25 mg
$354.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Kitasamycin A1, Turimycin H5, Leucomycin V 4-isovalerate
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Leucomycin complex (kitasamycin) is a family of closely related macrocyclic lactone antibiotics produced by Streptomyces kitasatoensis, discovered in 1953. The complex contained over 14 components with analogues A1, A4, A5, and A13 being the most abundant analogues. Leucomycin complex is used as an animal health product for control of Gram positive bacteria, Gram negative cocci, leptospira and mycoplasma.
- Leucomycin, a new antibiotic. Hata T. et al., J. Antibiotics Ser. A 1953, 6, 87.
- The chemistry of leucomycins. VI. Structures of leucomycin A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and A9. Omura S. et al., J. Antibiot. 1968, 21, 272.
- Structure-biological activities relationships among leucomycins and their derivatives. Mura S. et al., J. Antibiot. 1968, 21, 532.