$308.00 - 0.50 mg
$1,078.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Dihydroavermectin B1b, 22,23-Dihydroavermectin B1b
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Ivermectin B1b (dihydroavermectin B1b) is the minor component (<20%) of the commercial anthelmintic, ivermectin. Members of the avermectin/milbemycin anthelmintic class exert their anthelmintic effects by binding to glutamate-gated chloride channels expressed on nematode neurones and pharyngeal muscle cells. The avermectin/milbemycins are also potent insecticides. In vitro, the B1b (25-iso-propyl) analogue is slightly more potent than the 25-sec-butyl (B1a) analogue as an inhibitor of nematode larval development and paralysis, and also a more sensitive probe for ivermectin resistance.
- Ivermectin, a new broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent. Chabala J.C. et al., J. Med. Chem. 1980, 23, 1134.
- Glutamate-gated chloride channels and the mode of action of the avermectin/milbemycin anthelmintics. Wolstenholme A.J & Rogers A.T. Parasitology, 2005, 131, S85.
- Avermectin/milbemycin resistance in trichostrongylid nematodes. Gill J.H. & Lacey E. Int J. Parasitol. 1998, 28, 863.