$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 3-Methoxy-4-hydroxycinnamic acid; 4-Hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamic acid; 4'-Hydroxy-3'-methoxycinnamic acid; Coniferic acid; Ferulaic acid; NSC 2821; NSC 51986; NSC 674320
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Ferulic acid is a common plant metabolite, found in many grains, biosynthetically formed by degradation of lignin and lignocellulose. Ferulic acid is a member of the phenylpropanoid class of lignin biosynthetic precursors. The biochemical and pharmacological activity of ferulic acid has > 20,000 SciFinder entries and the area is well reviewed by Guzman (2014) and Sharma (2011). Ferulic acid a useful standard for analytical and bioassay dereplication as a metabolite commonly encountered in microbial fermentations.
- Release of ferulic acid and feruloylated oligosaccharides from sugar beet pulp by Streptomyces tendae. Ferreira P. et al., Biores. Technol. 2007, 98, 1522.
- A complete enzymatic recovery of ferulic acid from corn residues with extracellular enzymes from Neosartorya spinosa NRRL185. Shin H-D. et al., Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2006, 95, 1108.
- Natural cinnamic acids, synthetic derivatives and hybrids with antimicrobial activity. Guzman J.D., Molecules 2014, 19, 19292.