$51.00 - 25 mg
$179.00 - 125 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 2α,3β,23-Trihydroxyurs-12-en-28-oic acid, Dammarolic acid, NSC 166063
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Asiatic acid is a pentacyclic triterpene abundant in many medicinal plants first published in the 1950s. Asiatic acid has broad biological activity including inhibition of human collagen I synthesis and neuro- and cardioprotective effects. Asiatic acid induces aproptosis through activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in human breast cancer cells.
- A reinvestigation of the triterpenes of Centella asiatica. Singh B. & Rastogi R.P. Phytochem. 1969, 8, 917.
- Influence of asiatic acid, madecassic acid, and asiaticoside on human collagen I synthesis. Bonte F. et al. Planta medica 1994, 60, 133.
- Structure-activity relationship study of asiatic acid derivatives against beta amyloid (A beta)-induced neurotoxicity. Jew S.S. et al. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2000, 10, 119.