$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 5-Hydroxymelatonin; N-Acetyl-5-hydroxytryptamine; N-Acetylserotonin; Normelatonin; O-demethylmelatonin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
N-Acetylserotonin is an acetyl derivative of a biogenic acid commonly found in many microbial fermentations, most notably dermatophytic fungi belonging to the genus, Trichophyton. N-Acetylserotonin is produced by decarboxylation and acetylation of serotonin. N-Acetylserotonin exhibits weak activity in a diverse range of bioassays and is thus an important standard for analytical and bioassay dereplication of crude microbial extracts.
- Metabolism studies of indole derivatives using a staurosporine producer, Streptomyces staurosporeus. Yang, S-W. and Cordell G.A., J. Nat. Prod. 1997, 60, 44.
- Cytotoxic activity of some indole derivatives and indole metabolites of Streptomyces staurosporeus. Yang S-W. et al., Pharmaceut. Biol. 1999, 37, 67.
- Formation of histamine and N-acetylhistamine by pathogenic fungi. Tanaka T. et al., Shinkin to Shinkinsho 1977, 18, 58.