$221.00 - 1 mg
$774.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Antibiotic A 26771b, BPL 81
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
A 26771B is a 16-membered macrocyclic lactone isolated from Penicillium turbatum patented and then published by Eli Lilly and Co. in 1975. A 26771B is closely related to the berkeleylactones, recently reported as antibiotics derived from a co-fermentation of P. fuscum and P. camenbertii/clavigerum. A 26771B shows potent activity in vitro against Gram-positive bacteria and moderate activity against a broad selection of fungi. A 26771B inhibits potassium dependent ATPase in rat liver mitochondria.
- The isolation and structure elucidation of macrocyclic lactone antibiotic, A26771B. Michel K.H. et al., J. Antibiot. 1977, 30, 571.
- The berkeleylactones, antibiotic macrolides from fungal coculture. Stierle A.A. et al., J. Nat. Products 2017, 80, 1150.
- Stereospecific total synthesis and absolute configuration of a macrocyclic lactone antibiotic, A26771B. Tatsuta K. et al., Tetrahedron Letters 1980, 21, 1479.