$134.00 - 5 mg
$470.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Vulpic acid; Methylpulvinic acid
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Vulpinic acid is the methyl ester of pulvinic acid. It is present in many lichen species and was originally isolated from Letharia vulpine (wolf lichen) in the 19th century with its structure elucidated in the early part of the 20th century. Vulpinic acid exhibits antibacterial, antitumor, anti-inflammatory and plant growth regulation activity, along with a diverse range of other activities.
- Uber die Konstitution und Konfiguration der Pulvinsauren und Vulpinsauren. Karrer P. et al., Helv. Chima. Acta, 1926, 9, 446.
- Antibacterial and antiproliferative activities of vulpinic acids in vitro. Nadir M.T. et al., Farmaco 1992, 47, 643.
- Growth retarding activity of lichen substances against the polyphagous herbivorous insect Spodoptera littoralis. Giez I. et al., Biochem. System. Ecol. 1994, 22, 113.
- Lichen acids as uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation of mouse-liver mitochondria. Abo-Khatwa A.N. et al., Natural Toxins 1996, 4, 96.