$100.00 - 25 mg
$350.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Mevalotin, CS 514, SQ 3100
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Pravastatin sodium is the salt of pravastatin, a ring-opened member of the statin family. Pravastatin is produced biosynthetically from compactin (mevastatin) by a number of microorganisms, notably Absidia, Cunninghamella, Syncephalastrum, Nocardia or Streptomyces. Typically, statins like compactin, lovastatin and simvastatin possess a β-hydroxy lactone ring which is a pro-drug for the readily ring-opened dihydroxyacid generally regarded as the active HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. Importantly, the free carboxylic acid enables pravastatin to be freely water soluble within biological pH ranges.
- Terahara A. US Patent 4,346,227 (1982).
- Terahara A. US Patent 4,537,859 (1985).
- Effect of CS-514, an inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase, on lipoprotein and apolipoprotein in plasma of hypercholesterolemic diabetics. Yoshino G. et al., Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 1986, 2, 179.